Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ski Review: The Nordica Firefox

This is one ski I've been dying to try, and today I got lucky! My local hill (Okemo) had a Nordica demo tent set up yesterday, so how could I resist?

So here we go:

Ski: Nordica Olympia Firefox, 154 cm, 120-70-103 (13m)

Me: Advanced, 5 ft 1 in., 110 lbs.

Conditions: 3-4 inches of fresh powder on top of bullet-proof ice. Ungroomed.

I've been very intrigued by this ski since my interview with Deb Armstrong, and learning that this is what she skis. Now I know why. What a terrific ski! Conditions were mostly powder with some ice where it'd been pushed around; ungroomed. No problem. I found the Firefox stable and quick, with good edge hold and terrific rebound. Really nice in the long turns, but nice in the shorter turns, too. Didn't try it in the bumps, since there were no bumps around. But for a fun ski that really moves, this is it.

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: