Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy 2008!

So where'd 2007 go??????

It's been an interesting year for me. Some of the highlights include:

  • Membership in TheSkiDiva.com surpassed 500: A terrific on-line community of women skiers. If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure you do. It's fun, informative, and free!

  • 52 ski days, which is pretty good for me, given the less than stellar season here in the east. Hope it's better this year. We're off to a good start in Vermont; let's just hope it continues.

  • New gear: Always fun. I acquired two new pair of skis -- Fischer Vision 73's and Volkl Queen Attiva's -- plus a pair of boots -- Nordica Speed Machine 10's. At year end sales, too!

  • The publication of Finn, by Mr. Ski Diva (AKA Jon Clinch): To tremendous critical acclaim, I might add. Named one of the year's best books by the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, Amazon.com, BookSense, the Hartford Courant, and more. Plus a finalist for the John Sargeant Sr. First Novel Prize. Had to throw that in. Can you tell I'm proud?

    And here's what I'm already looking forward to in 2008:

  • Meeting more members of TheSkiDiva.com: I met a few in 2007. It's fun to meet people you've already established a relationship with on line. If you participate in the forum, you can understand the way I feel!

  • A trip to Solitude: I'm heading out there the first week of March. Never been, so I'm very excited!

  • Finn's publication in paperback in March. Need I say more?


  • Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

    No comments: