Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do you wear make up when you ski?

Generally, no.

With my helmet, goggles, gaiter, and sometimes even a face mask, it's hard to tell if I have a FACE, let alone if I'm wearing any make up.

Still, I am getting older. So sometimes I'll cave in and put some on. If I know I'm going to skiing with a bunch of friends -- just so I don't scare them away. I know it's vanity. I know it's futile. But I'll do it, anyway.

Far more important than makeup, however, is sun screen. You can get a mean burn from the sun reflecting off the snow. Make sure it has a high SPF, and be sure to re-apply. And when you get off the slope, moisturize. The wind and cold temps can dry out your skin. Definitely worth it.

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: