Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello, Goodbye.

So here it is, the last day of 2008. And while I'm sitting here looking out my window at the snow coming down, I thought I'd reflect a bit on the year that's coming to a close:

Here are some of my memorable ski-related moments, from 2008:

  • Meeting and skiing with members of TheSkiDiva.com at Solitude during Diva Week in Utah;

  • Meeting and skiing with tmembers of TheSkiDiva.com during Okemo Diva Day;

  • Breaking a personal record of ski days, with 63 days for the '07-'08 season. This meant LOTS of fun days on the snow;

  • Nearly destroying my nearly new Queen Attivas at Magic Mountain (hey, it was memorable, all right!). I took a huge chunk out of the base, but was able to get it repaired;

  • Getting to try next year's skis at the industry demo days at Stratton in February. I felt like a kid in a candy store! You can see my reviews here and here.

  • Getting TheSkiDiva sign on Good Morning America, when the show came to Vermont;

  • Expanding the site to include an E-store for great TheSkiDiva.com gear, a directory of women's ski resources, and a new home page with ski news and member pix;

  • Publishing TheSkiDiva.com Cooks!, a cookbook with recipes submitted by forum members. If you'd like a copy, go here;

  • Getting a publisher for my ski-related mystery, tentatively called DOUBLE BLACK: A SKI DIVA MYSTERY, and coming from St. Martin's Press in January, 2010; You can find out more about it here.

  • Passing 1,000 members in TheSkiDiva.com.

  • Here's hoping that 2009 brings us all more terrific ski memories. And here's wishing you a safe, happy, and healthy new year.

    Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, the online home especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

    No comments: