Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Coming Attractions.

When I first started this blog, I wanted to create an alternative to the decidedly male orientation you'll find in the current ski forums and magazines. As I've said in earlier posts (and in my profile), women skiers are often overlooked, underserved, and under-represented in the skiing world. And in much of the ski-related media, it shows.

Now I'm taking this one step further: I'm creating an internet forum dedicated exclusively to women who ski.

Curently under construction, the new forum will be a place where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related: equipment, resorts, techniques, clothing, family matters, trips, nutrition, etc. It'll be a place where we can discuss skiing in a way we can relate to, on topics that we find of interest.

I'm hoping you'll visit -- and beyond that, I'm hoping you'll register and participate (it's free!). It'll help get a potentially great thing off the ground. And it'll be a lot of fun, too.

Right now I'm looking at launching the site some time in September. So if you'd like to be notified when it goes on line, just click here and send me your name and email address. Tell your friends, too. Any and all women skiers are more than welcome!

No comments: