Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

So what did you accomplish this ski season?

Sadly enough, the ski season is coming to a close here in the northeast. The snow is softening and melting, the days are becoming warmer, and yesterday I saw my first robin. I truly hate to see it end.

Nonetheless, it's been a terrific season. The snow conditions have been epic here in Vermont all winter long -- quite a change from last year. I started skiing in mid-November and even skied today, April 9, getting in more than 60 ski days, a new record for me.

In addition to racking up more ski days, some of my highlghts this year have been:

  • Skiing Alta and Solitude: Never been there before, and it was absolutely fabulous. Loved the terrain, the weather, the skiing; I'll definitely be back!

  • Meeting more of the great women from TheSkiDiva.com: Many joined me at the aforementioned Alta and Solitude, where I spent a week meeting and skiing with some terrific women from across the country. Others came to ski with me here in the norheast. You can't imagine a more fun group of ripping women skiers! Truly a delight to meet each and every one of them.

  • Pushing my comfort zone: Even in skiing, it's easy to get stuck in a rut, particularly when you ski the same area most of the time. On my trip to Utah, I definitely pushed my boundaries, skiing terrain I probably wouldn't have attempted on my own -- and it was a blast!.

  • Definitely a season I'll long remember.

    Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

    1 comment:

    Riley said...

    OK one more. Sounds like you had a great season. Alta is great, I've not been to Snowbird but I went to Snowbasin and it is a true gem! If you make another trip to Utah, check it out. I chalked up 50 resort days in Colorado, 1 day in Montana and 5 in the Colorado backcountry including a 4 day hut trip to Margy's hut outside of Aspen. The other day was to get my Christmas tree.