Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Giving thanks.

It's Thanksgiving week; time when we pause to give thanks, stuff ourselves with turkey, and start to engage in that great American tradition, Christmas shopping.

I have plenty of things to be thankful for that are ski-related. And if you think about it, I'm sure you do, too.

Here's my list:

* The cooler temperatures that are finally reaching us here in New England: At long last, the local ski area can start making snow. With any luck, I'll be able to take some turns next week.

* My season pass: Sure takes the sting out of paying for a lift pass, day by day. When you ski a lot, it's the only way to go.

• An injury-free ski year: So far, knock on wood. Definitely something to be thankful for.

• Mid-week skiing: I'm among one of the lucky ones who does all my skiing mid-week, when the crowds are down. I have a thing about crowds in general, so I'm thankful I have a schedule that allows me to avoid them. Actually, every day on the mountain is something to be thankful for. Beats anything else, far as I can see.

• A husband who understands my obsession with skiing: Even though he isn't as nuts about it as I am, he's still out there with me, and still supportive of all things skiing. He is absolutely the best!

* The great women on TheSkiDiva.com: I've gotten to know some amazing women skiers on that forum. Their posts blow me away on a daily basis. If you're a woman and want some great ski talk, make sure to visit and register so you can participate.

• Your kind attention in reading this blog:
It's nice to have you here.

I have many many other things to be thankful for, too: friends, family, good health, and a happy home. For these, and many other things too numerous to name, I am truly blessed.

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, a new internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: