Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Friday, November 10, 2006

Helmet Hair.

Yes, it's time I addressed the dreaded, the unspeakable:

Helmet Hair!!!!

See the helmet in my picture? It's there more than just to protect my skull. After I've worn it for a while, my hair's a disaster. Seriously, when I take off my helmet at lunch time, children actually cry! At the end of the day, I find it's in everyone's best interest -- mine and the people who see me -- if I wear a cap when I walk to the car.

Still, it beats the alternative. I'd rather have really bad hair than a really bad injury. It doesn't take a genius to see that a hard casing around your head is better protection against spending the rest of your days in a vegetative state -- or ending your days completely -- than a soft wooly hat. So looks take a back seat. I'm thinking long term here.

What I don't get are these guys -- particularly bald guys -- who wear no helmet or hat, even when it's freezing cold. What, are they afraid they'll mess up their hairdos? Give me a break.

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, a new internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: