Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I hate to miss a day of skiing. But occasionally, when it gets really, really cold, I'll sit one out.

Like yesterday. The high temperature only reached 7 degrees, but the wind chill made it feel like minus 25.

I have lots of warm clothing. Technical wear. Toe and hand warmers. Loads and loads of long underwear. And with the late start the season had here in New England, it seems almost blasphemous to complain about the cold. And a sin to miss any opportunity to ski.

Still, if it ain't fun, why do it? And with temperatures as cold as they are, it sure ain't fun for me.

I know my limits.

What about you?

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: