Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Friday, February 16, 2007

Keep your (under)shirt on.

Ever see one of these on a lift ride to the top -- a tree with bras and panties dangling from its branches?

I guess skiers throw them on during the lift ride up. What do people do -- bring underwear along especially to toss? Or do they disrobe on the lift? (That'd be pretty chilly, I bet. And provide quite a show!)

I'm no prude, but to me, it's just visual pollution. I don't like it for the same reason I don't like seeing billboards when I ski. Or garbage on the trail. It's messy. Looks like someone dumped out their dresser drawer. Quite simply, it takes away from the beauty of the natural environment.

I heard about a ski area whose solution was to cut its "bra tree" down. Which I think is pretty extreme. I mean, what's to prevent people from throwing underwear onto another tree? Do you cut down a tree every time this happens? Think of where that might lead! And does it make sense to punish a tree for the careless action of someone on the lift?

So readers, please try to restrain yourself. Keep your underwear on, where it belongs. The trees will thank you. And so will I.

Be sure to visit TheSkiDiva.com, an internet forum especially for women skiers, where women skiers can connect with one another to talk about everything and anything ski-related.

No comments: