Double Black: A Ski Diva Mystery

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Don't Forget Mom!!!!

Mother's Day is May 14th. So this year, instead of getting your mom the traditional flowers and perfume, how about trying something different:

Ski gear!

Of course, this only works if your mom skis. (My mom doesn't, so this would go over like a lead balloon. Then I'd have to take the stuff off her hands, and....hmmm......maybe I'm onto something!) But if your mom does ski, there are some great end-of-season deals at your local ski shop. And it's never too early to plan for next year.

If you're a mom who skis, be sure to send a link to this post to the father of your children. Sometimes all it takes is a friendly reminder to get the season's pass/gloves/skis/helmet/pants/boots/boot bag (I could go on, but you get the picture) you really, really need.

Remember, when Mama's happy, everybody's happy.

Need I say more?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this a hint?

Wendy C. said...

Could be......

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. My boyfriend's mom wanted to give me a gift certificate to Bath & Bodyworks for my birthday because she wanted to get me something nice. I told her I'd much prefer a gift certificate to REI...

I love that there are other women like me out there. I'm not the only person who loves and needs to be outdoors!